SOFAAMY HISTORY, IN BRIEF
Sofaamy Company Limited started life in 1995 from a small unit in Tesano as a “one man band” providing expert products and services in glass installations to local tradesmen. Awareness of our products and services started spreading like wildfire as demand for our products and services became unmatched thereby requiring a rebranding of the business and gradual but consistent expansion of our products and services.
The Company became fully incorporated in 2001 in accordance with the Companies Act, 1963 (Act 179) of Ghana. From the Head Office in Accra, the Managing Director together with a committed team of staff with the assistance of the use of state-of-the-art ICT facilities now direct and manage all branches of the Company to achieve its goals and vision.
With bulldog tenacity and ingenuity, we have established eleven branches: Nine in Accra and Tama. Specifically Dzorwulu, Madina, Amasaman, Kwashieman, Kasoa, Adenta Frafraha, Tema-Ashiaman, Lashiebi and three in Kumasi at Anloga Junction, Tafo and Santasi. The head office is at Achimota Golf Hills where glass processing takes place.
As company, we have made tremendous strides in the importation and marketing of varieties of unparalleled glass sheets in the history of Ghana.
Besides, Sofaamy is quickly establishing itself as the first among equals in the arena of the local competitors in the glass business.
Sofaamy continues to endear itself to its customers, thereby becoming the BUILDERS’ COMPANION, as it were.
Currently Sofaamy employs a total staff of 161, and current annual turnover of USD 11 million. No doubt Sofaamy continue to be a significant contributor to the growth of the economy of Ghana
VALUES AND GUIDING PRINCIPLES
In order to fulfill our mission as market leaders in the glass industry, we have developed values and guiding principles for management and staff as follows;
- Working together to develop creative approaches to resolving issues and fashion out unique and tailored made solutions to meet clients’ needs in addition to conducting service with professionalism and a customer first focus
- Communicating courageously, openly and readily with clients to reach solutions and achieve clients’ targeted objectives.
- Keeping processes as simple and as uncomplicated as possible and having a “can do” approach, taking full responsibility for all our decisions and actions.
- Exhibiting and continuously improving on our strong technical expertise and know how while respecting, valuing diversity and contributing to the wider community
- Carrying out assignments with a teamwork participatory approach to achieve target.
The Company’s vision is to explore further possibilities of establishing facilities to produce additional types of float glass and aluminum profiles in collaboration with trading partners.